Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Baggage.

While I am really into the new guy and am excited about the prospect of being in a happy and serious relationship for the first time in 3 years - I have some baggage. As one can imagine, a lot of "baggage" can accumulate in one's life as a single 20 something over the course of 3 years.

There are a few unresolved minor heart breaks (you know, the ones that never got "closure"), there are those hot out of towners that you hook up with just when they are in town, and there are those guys, like East 4th, who are hot, amazing in bed, and who text at random moments (you know, those moments when you are feeling down and need a guy to treat you like a goddess for a few hours, cuddle and send you on your way). Well last night I was hanging out with BL and I got a text from East 4th inquiring about my Mardi Gras plans. Little does he know that my Mardi Gras plans included making dinner with BL, watching Flight of the Conchords and having hours of steamy new relationship sex. Can anyone fill me in on the correct response for such a text? I chose to ignore because I don't feel like I owe him anything. I also didn't want BL to wonder who I was secretly texting.

Anyways, it made me briefly think of all the randoms in my life and what I would be giving up as a non-single lady. I suddenly realized that I wouldn't be missing much at all. This is how I know that I'm definitely ready for a realtionship with this guy. I'm just unsure of how to tie up all of the loose ends. Am I expected to send out a mass text announcing my relationship? Or perhaps I should just delete the numbers entirely from my phone. I'm not worried about temptation, I'm just worried about the bad chi that having all of that baggage around could cause. I'm also worried about having to explain late night texts/phone calls. That could be awkward. Oh, my life as a recovering dating disaster/whore.

Miss Fabulous

4 comments:

  1. As someone who didn't get into her first serious relationship until the ripe age of 25 (so that is 4 years of undergrad messing around and 3 years post grad of messing around) DELETE ALL THE PHONE NUMBERS. If you are serious about getting into the relationship, get rid of them all. Because there will be a time you are still needy and insecure and you don't want the temptation of texting for a little reassurance. Believe me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. no need to mass text anyone. Put your phone on vibrate then he'll never know.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just wanted to let you know I ♥ you... seriously... I do

    ReplyDelete
  4. I actually never delete numbers anymore b/c I like to know exactly who is texting me. More for peace of mind than because I want to keep them on reserve.

    ReplyDelete